ADHD Evaluations in San Antonio, TX
ADHD is a condition that can negatively impact a person’s attention and behavior and can interfere with daily activities at school, at home, at work, or with friends. People who have ADHD have higher levels of inattention, impulsivity, and/or hyperactivity than their peers. Dr. Livania Zavala of The Pediatric ADHD Clinic for Super Minds offers ADHD evaluations in San Antonio, TX.
What Can I Expect From A Full ADHD Evaluation in San Antonio, TX?
- An initial meeting with you and your child-This step will help identify your child’s strengths and challenges. We will look at challenges in the three key areas of home, school, and social relationships. It’s important to talk about your child’s strengths, interests, and passions as well
- Detailed health information- Your doctor will ask about any developmental milestones, allergies, appetite, sleep patterns, and previous medical problems
- Checking how your child is doing in school- We will look at report cards and teacher evaluations
- Making sure official criteria for diagnosis are met- People of different ages need to have a certain number of symptoms to get an ADHD diagnosis
- A follow-up meeting-This is to go over the results and explore possible treatments. Your doctor might talk about changing family routines and getting support at school
The first step in treating ADHD is getting a diagnosis from your doctor. Once a diagnosis is made, we develop a plan by making treatment recommendations and collaborating with other professionals and important adults in your child’s life. In most cases, ADHD is best treated with a combination of medication and behavior therapy, such as limiting the amount of daily screen time, developing healthy eating habits, and participating in physical activities. Following this treatment plan reduces your child’s symptoms.